Mark Williams – Editor of theEHP & Director of Essential Touch Ltd
- Investigating complaints of disrepair in privately rented properties and enforcing minimum standards;
- Inspecting HIMOs and enforcing minimum standards;
- Inspecting properties for renovation grant purposes;
- Licensing of Park Homes and Traveller Sites;
- Investigating allegation of illegal eviction and harassment;
- Drafting and reviewing enforcement procedures;
- Preparing cases for prosecution.
I started working as a Consultant in 2001 and left Local Government in 2003. As a Consultant I have:
- Worked on over 40 Private Sector Stock Condition surveys and Neighbourhood Renewal Assessments throughout England and Wales;
- Worked in Jamaica as a Loss Adjuster after the hurricanes of September 2004;
- Worked in Local Authority Private Sector Housing Departments as a Consultant Environmental Health Officer;
- Project managed a loans based improvement scheme.
- Successfully prosecuted landlords for failing to comply with improvement notices, failing to license a licensable HIMO and illegally evicting a tenant;
- Used enforced sale to encourage the private sale of a long term empty property and the recovery of a local authority debt.
- BSc Hons in Environmental Health
- PG Dip in Housing
- PG Dip in Surveying
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health
- Student Member of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors.
I designed and manage the following websites:
About the site
theEHP.com is an environmental health news and content site. We are dedicated to delivering environmental health related news and content in an easy to use format. The site has been designed so that anything you want to find is no more than a hover & click away.
Support theEHP. We provide a wide variety of news and content to our users for free. You can support us by using the links on our site to purchase your products and services for your business and everyday needs. We appreciate your support.
- News is just a Hover & Click Away – Only interested in housing news, select ‘Housing’ from ‘News Categories’ and you will be presented with only housing related news.
- The Tag Cloud – Crediting sources and finding topics. The tag cloud (located just below the twitter feed) lists the most common tags on the site. Interested in successful prosecutions, click on the ‘Legal’ tag. The larger the tag, the more articles associated with that tag.
- Comment on the news – Find an article interesting and want to have your say, register for the site (its free) and leave a comment.
- Contribute to the news – Want to post an environmental health related article of your own, contact us and I’ll post it for you.
- Twitter Feed – If you have a Smartphone that has the Twitter App, you can subscribe to theEHP Twitter Feed and you will be updated about any posts on the site.
- Stay Connected – Use the links to follow theEHP on Facebook and Twitter where you will recieve updates on new posts. Register for the site to receive weekly email updates. Connect with the editor on LinkedIn.
- LA Success – If you work for a Local Authorities and want to promote a recent success, contact us to add your article to the LA Success News Category.