In this weeks newsletter you will find a webinar, Campylobacter survey report, prosecutions, RPT Decisions & much more.
Author Archive: theEHP
I qualified as an Environmental Health Practitioner (EHP) 1999. Between 1999 and 2003 I worked in Local Authority Private Sector Housing Departments as an Environmental Health Practitioner where I specialised in housing.
I started working as a Housing Consultant in 2001 and left Local Government in 2003.
I have a BSc Hons in Environmental Health and a PG Dip in Housing. I am currently studying a PG Dip in Surveying.
I am a member of the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health and a Student Member of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors.
This case relates to an Appeal against an Improvement Notice issued by Hyndburn Borough Council. The appeal concerned Category 2 Hazards of Domestic Hygiene, Pest & Refuse.
The tribunal quashed the Improvement Notice and requested that it be replaced with a new Hazard Awareness Notice.
This case relates to an Appeal against an Improvement Notice issued by Derby City Council. The appeal concerned a Category 2 Hazard for Fire Hazard.
The tribunal confirmed the notice.
This case relates to an Appeal against an Improvement Notice issued by London Borough of Crydon. The appeal concerned various Category 1 &2 Hazards.
The tribunal dismissed the appeal and varied the notice.
In an attempt to provide better information about fatal workplace hazards, Eurostat and the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics recently developed a study comparing fatal work injuries in the EU and the US.
Cardiff City Council has prosecuted a further rogue landlord for offences relating to breaches of the regulations for houses in multiple occupation, at a court hearing at Cardiff Magistrates Court.
A Caerphilly county borough resident has been taken to court and fined for allowing the illegal disposal of commercial waste in a public area.
In a prosecution brought by Cambridge City Council, a Cambridge man has being ordered to pay a £1,000 fine for dumping household waste between 2013 and 2014.
A Beeston couple were fined £1,144.50 earlier this month after pleading guilty to flytipping offences at Nottingham Magistrates Court. They were also ordered to pay £325.00 of costs to clear the waste.
Safe and Sound Food Solutions will be holding a FIR workshop on the 29th September. This workshop will give you an overview on food allergy information, what the FIR is all about and how it affects your specific food business sector.
Luton Council successfully prosecuted the owners of Haji & Sons in Bury Park on 12 August at Luton Magistrates Court for food safety offences (Photos on Flickr).
Two landlords have been prosecuted and ordered to pay a total of £65,970 after renting out an unsafe House in Multiple Occupation (HMO) (Photos on Flickr).
Irresponsible landlords in Wolverhampton who flout regulations and potentially put tenants’ lives at risk are being warned they will be prosecuted (Photos on Flickr).
A landlord has been ordered to pay £18,914 after renting out an unsafe and unlicensed House in Multiple Occupation (HMO) in the latest prosecution by Redbridge Council (Photos on Flickr).
Cambridge City Council has acted to protect residents from antisocial behaviour by prosecuting two people for breaching noise abatement notices.
A complaint about a deep fried cockroach found in the bottom of a bag of chips led to a discovery of shocking food hygiene conditions at a city take-away, including an infestation of rats.
A boss of a Birmingham takeaway forced to closed after a mice infestation was found guilty of five offences under the Food Hygiene (England) Regulations 2006 at Birmingham Magistrates Court.
A Birmingham business and its director were ordered to pay a total of £15,613 after pleading guilty to 15 offences each under the Consumer Protection Act 1987 and the Furniture and Furnishings (Fire) (Safety) Regulations 1988.