The owner of a cafe called Arabian Night Moon Light was found guilty of permitting the smoking of shisha in a smoke-free area at Willesden Magistrates Court on 3 September.
Category: Public Health
A new Tattooing and body piercing guidance toolkit has been launched. This new guidance will provide local authorities and businesses with information on good standards of practice, and promote safety and consistency across the industry nationally.
A new study by Public Health England (PHE) and funded by the Department of Health will, for the first time, establish the most significant reservoirs of a strain of antibiotic resistant bacteria known as ESBL-positive E. coli that cause human illness in the UK.
Mr Christopher Gavin Whateley pleaded guilty at Huntingdon Magistrates Court to an offence under Section 8 of The Health Act 2006, in that he failed to prevent smoking at his premises, Whateley’s Newsagents at 82 Ramsey Road, St Ives in a case brought by Huntingdonshire District Council.
A tattoo artist has been left with a bill of over £2,000 for persistently trading illegally from a tiny studio based at the back of her garage.
The owner of a Harrow shisha lounge will have to pay out more than £10,000 after breaching the smoking ban.
A new report published by Public Health England (PHE) shows that swimming in the River Thames can carry a risk of gastrointestinal illness.
Two café owners are the first in the city to be prosecuted for flouting the well-established smoking ban by allowing shisha to be smoked.
The manager of a Hendon shisha bar has been convicted of an offence under smoke-free legislation.
Following a recent crackdown, two people were prosecuted for smoking in their work vehicles. Abdul Shakoor of Crawley Road and Keith Fairlie of Napier Road were found guilty at Luton Magistrates Court on April 22. As neither attended the hearing, the case was heard in their absence.
Public Health England have published their priorities for 2013 to 2014. Their priorities encompass the organisation’s broad remit, ranging from protecting and improving the nation’s health to building the public health system and increasing its own expertise.
Brent Council has warned that it will continue to crack down on shisha bars which flout smoke-free legislation as three more proprietors are ordered to pay over £1,000 each following legal action.
A Tonypandy resident has been forced to cough up the largest smoking fine so far in Rhondda Cynon Taf! It was a very pricey cigarette for Mr Gethin Richards as he has been fined £560 for thoughtlessly throwing his cigarette butt on to the highway on Cowbridge Road, Pontyclun.
Life expectancy in the UK has improved over the last 20 years, but levels of ill health have not and the UK is now below average compared with 18 other countries on many important indicators. These data are revealed by a special analysis of the high profile Global Burden of Disease Study 2010, published in The Lancet.
The NHS Leicester City/Leicester City Council Trust Tobacco Control Coordination Group commissioned a report on the current research in Shisha Smoking. An executive summary is provided below and the full report is attached.
The boss of an illegal shisha lounge has been hammered with fines totalling £1300
Luton Council is reminding residents that anyone caught littering will be prosecuted. Caroline Turner of Abbey Road was found guilty at Luton Magistrates Court of littering from her car in August 2012.
Brent is issuing a warning to local residents of the risks associated with shisha pipe smoking following a huge rise in local shisha bars in recent years.