Recent research by Encentre into the field of regulatory intelligence and data management has led to some interesting findings. Some of these findings included:
|[relatedPosts title=”Related Posts”]|
- Food inspectors spend more time writing records and reports than inspecting;
- Over 85% of inspectors still record inspections on paper; and
- Over 58% of inspectors work from home.
The research, undertaken by Encentre, led to the development of a mobile inspection tool for food safety inspectors that:
- Simplifies record and report writing;
- Reduces paperwork by at least 1 hour per inspection; and
- Allows authorities to gather useable inspection data.
The tool, which was trialled recently, will be available to food authorities over the coming months. The project will be expanded to cover other regulatory matters soon after.
The full report is available here.